What does self-care look like for you? And are you doing it?
- Soft clothing. Wool socks. Immersing myself in water.
- Limiting my interactions to a trusted circle of friends and family and our pets.
- Drinking enough water. Drinking enough hot chocolate.
- Accepting that sleep might not come.
- Holding favorites objects. Finding something beautiful to gaze at.
- Placing myself in nature.
I visited the Storm King Art Center in Cornwall, New York. The acres and acres of open space were what my heart and lungs needed. The feelings and sensation invoked by the sculpture on the left were also important.
Image on the left: Lynda Benglis’
North South East West, 1988/2002/2014–15
Image on the right: Andy Goldsworthy’s
Five Men, Seventeen Days, Fifteen Boulders, One Wall, 2010